How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts
Many people are delighted with the outcomes after hiring a reliable air duct cleaning company. While there is no scientific proof that vent cleaning has a direct and substantial effect, experts believe that the air duct cleaning process has certain benefits, especially if you employ a professional who knows how to clean air ducts.
Your air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years, according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. Based on their circumstances, householders should consider doing it every two to five years in Houston.
The regularity with which you’ll need it is determined by where you live in the country, how often you use your system, and if anybody in your household suffers from allergies or asthma.
When To Clean Your Air Ducts In Houston
Cleaning air ducts is recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency when:
- Mold is suspected in the air ducts.
- You observe insects or rodents entering or leaving ductwork, or you discover a vermin problem elsewhere in the house.
- When air exits the vents, a noticeable “poof” of dust is emitted from the supply registers.
It’s a good idea to check inside your air vent register. If you see black debris outdoors, it’s pollutants that have been circulated through the system many times, and it’s an indication that your system is too dirty. When changing your filter, have a check at your system as well. Another indication that you’re overdue for cleaning is if there’s a lot of dust in that region.
What Are the Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning In Houston?
Your HVAC system’s ducts may get blocked with dirt, dust, pollutants, and, in the worst-case scenario, vermin over time. All of these may restrict airflow and introduce unhealthy air into your house. The following are some of the benefits of cleaning your ducts:
- Reduces Allergens and Irritants: Air ducts are often contaminated with hazardous pollutants and microorganisms, in addition to dust. Pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores, and other toxins are examples. These airborne particles are especially irritating to those with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory disorders.
- Helps Everyone To Breathe Better: Cleaner air makes it simpler to breathe for everyone in your home, even if no one in your family has severe allergies or respiratory issues. Dust and pollutants entering the nose and lungs may cause sneezing and coughing, as well as sinus and bronchial congestion, even in the healthiest people.
- Unpleasant Smells and Odors are Removed: Stale odors in the air ducts are caused by pets, home cleaning chemicals, and even food preparation. These smells will circulate throughout the home every time the heater or air conditioner is turned on. A thorough air duct cleaning eliminates all odor-trapping particles, resulting in a cleaner-smelling house.
How Often To Clean Dryer Vent In Houston?
Dryer vents should be cleaned at least twice a year in homes that use their dryers often. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) advises cleaning dryers once a year, although this is based on a typical household. Households who often use the clothes dryer should keep a careful watch on how well the appliance is functioning. It is strongly advised to have someone come and inspect the dryer if it seems that the clothes inside are not drying completely.
Why Choose Nova Pros?
Nova Pros provides one of the best Houston air duct cleaning services. Ignoring to get your vents cleaned and your air ducts serviced can result in major problems in the future. After all, it will cause the value of your house to plummet.
With more than 15 years of combined experience, you can rest assured as we’ve got you covered. Apart from affordable air duct cleaning, we also provide dryer vent cleaning, chimney sweep, and insolation work services.